We may receive a commission from some of the products or service recommended on our site, at no cost to you.This form of advertising helps us continue to provide you with free advice.
Dogs can get yeast infections just like people, and if your furry friend suffers from one, you’ll want to get them on the best dog food for yeast infections. Here are seven of the best dry dog foods for yeast infections- all of which will help clear up the infection and keep your pup healthy and happy!
Table of Contents
- Best Dog Food for Yeast Infections – Our Top Pick
- What are yeast infections in dogs?
- What Are the Best Dry Dog Foods for Yeast Infections?
- Essential Features To Consider In An Anti-Yeast Dog Food
- 7 Best Dog Foods for Yeast Infections – Reviews
- 1-Instinct Original Grain-Free Recipe with Real Rabbit Freeze-Dried Raw Coated
- 2-Zignature Zssential Multi-Protein Formula With Probiotics
- 3- Nulo Freestyle Grain-Free Lamb & Chickpeas Recipe
- 4- Instinct Limited Ingredient Diet Grain-Free Recipe with Real Lamb Freeze-Dried Raw Coated
- 5- Nutro Ultra Senior Dry Dog Food
- 6- I and Love and You Nude Food Grain-Free Simply Sea Dry Dog Food
- 7- Wysong Epigen 90 Starch-Free Formula Grain-Free
- What Causes a Yeast Infection?
- Symptoms of a yeast infection in dogs
- How to Treat a Yeast Infection
- What is an Anti-Yeast Diet?
- 7 Benefits Of Anti-Yeast Diet For Dogs
- Best Dry Dog Foods for Yeast Infections – FQAs
Best Dog Food for Yeast Infections – Our Top Pick
Free Puppy Schedule: The Ultimate Guide to Training Your New Puppy
Tell us where to send your Free Guide — along with regular dog and puppy training tips...
What are yeast infections in dogs?
Yeast infections in dogs are caused by an overgrowth of the yeast fungus, a naturally-occurring fungus found on the skin. The yeast can cause irritation, inflammation, and even infection. Yeast infections are most commonly found in dogs with allergies or other skin conditions, as these conditions can lead to an imbalance in the skin’s natural flora.
What Are the Best Dry Dog Foods for Yeast Infections?
- Instinct Original Grain-Free Recipe with Real Rabbit Freeze-Dried Raw Coated
- Zignature Zssential Multi-Protein Formula With Probiotics
- Nulo Freestyle Grain-Free Lamb & Chickpeas Recipe
- Instinct Limited Ingredient Diet Grain-Free Recipe with Real Lamb Freeze-Dried Raw Coated
- Nutro Ultra Senior Dry Dog Food
- I and Love and You Nude Food Grain-Free Simply Sea Dry Dog Food
- Wysong Epigen 90 Starch-Free Formula Grain-Free
Essential Features To Consider In An Anti-Yeast Dog Food
There are a few essential features to remember when looking for anti-yeast dog food. Here are some of the most important things to look for:
1- Limited Carbohydrates
Carbohydrates are one of the primary sources of food for yeast. As such, it is crucial to choose a food low in carbohydrates; This will help create an environment in the body that is less conducive to yeast growth.
2- No Artificial Preservatives Or Flavors
Artificial preservatives can often contribute to yeast infections. As such, selecting an anti-yeast dog food that does not contain any artificial preservatives or flavors is vital; This will help keep your dog’s system free of harmful chemicals that could potentially promote yeast growth.
Probiotics are live, beneficial bacteria that help keep the digestive system healthy. They can also help to fight off yeast infections. Probiotics will help to maintain a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut, making your dog less likely to develop a disease.
4- Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Omega-3 fatty acids are a type of healthy fat that can help to fight inflammation. They can also help to boost the immune system. Omega-3 Fatty Acids will help keep your dog’s system healthy and free of inflammation that could potentially promote yeast growth.
5- No Sugar
Sugar is one of the main food sources of yeast. It is crucial to choose a food free of sugar; This will help create an environment in the body that is less conducive to yeast growth.
6- Limited Ingredient Diet
A limited ingredient diet contains a limited number of ingredients; This can be helpful for dogs with allergies or sensitivities as it helps to minimize the chance of an adverse reaction.
7- Grain Free
Grain-free dog food does not contain any grains; This can be helpful for dogs with yeast infections as it helps to reduce the number of potential food sources for yeast.
Hypoallergenic dog food is designed for dogs with allergies. This food is often made with limited ingredients and is free of potential allergens.
Other Types Of Good Ingredients For Anti-Yeast Dog Foods
- Foods rich in Omega 3s & 6s
- Probiotics and prebiotics
- Lean animal protein
- Greens like kale, seaweed, and spinach
When choosing an anti-yeast dog food, it is essential to consider the above factors; This will help you to choose a food that is best for your dog and their individual needs.
7 Best Dog Foods for Yeast Infections – Reviews
Farm-raised rabbit is the first ingredient, and this food contains 71% natural animal ingredients and nutritious oils. It has 29% fruits, vegetables, and other wholesome ingredients. This food never contains any grain, potato, corn, wheat, soy, or by-product meal, and it’s made in the USA with premium ingredients from around the world. It’s also guaranteed to have live, natural probiotics, omegas, and antioxidants to support digestive health, healthy skin and coat, and immune health. So if you’re looking for nutritious and delicious dog food that’s Grain-Free, Instinct Original is a perfect choice!
- Real animal ingredients
- Some dogs don’t like the taste
Their Zssential Multi-Protein Formula is made with limited ingredients, so you can be sure your dog is getting only the best. And because they understand that dogs have different nutritional needs, they have created a rotational diet that allows your pup to switch between their formulas easily. So why wait? Give your furry friend the nutrition they need with Zignature Zssential Multi-Protein Formula With Probiotics.
- Limited ingredient
- High protein
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Vitamin B12
- Includes flaxseed, an ingredient that some people may find controversial.
- Too expensive
Nulo Freestyle Grain-Free Lamb & Chickpeas Recipe is an adult formula free from chicken and egg proteins. This food is Made from 81% animal-based proteins and low glycemic ingredients; it is perfect for dogs looking to maintain their lean muscle mass and support a healthy heart. Vitamin B6 and niacin from lamb support energy production, while probiotics aid digestion. Calcium and phosphorus help your dog maintain strong bones, and wholesome vegetables and fruits support optimal immune health.
- Healthy natural ingredients.
- Rich in essential fatty acids.
- Chelated minerals.
- 81% of animal ingredients
- Cause flatulence
This recipe includes just one animal protein and one vegetable, making it perfect for pets with food sensitivities. Grass-fed lamb is the primary protein source in this food, and it’s an easily digestible protein that provides all the essential amino acids your pooch needs. Plus, guaranteed levels of natural omegas and antioxidants promote healthy skin and coat, plus immune health. And because it’s made in the USA using premium ingredients from around the world, you can be sure your pet is getting the pure nutrition raw in every piece. Instinct Limited Ingredient Diet never contains any grain, fish, beef, eggs, chicken, dairy, potato, sweet potato, chickpeas, soy, corn, wheat, preservatives, or artificial colors. So why wait? Give your pet the nourishment they need with Instinct Limited Ingredient Diet today!
- One protein source
- Easily digestible protein
- Made in the USA
- No grain, dairy, eggs, chicken, beef, fish, sweet potato, potato, chickpeas, corn, wheat, or soy
- Too expensive for some people
- Some dogs might not enjoy the flavor of lamb
This protein-rich formula features chicken, lamb, and salmon as the first ingredients. It contains a blend of 15 superfoods, including coconut, chia, kale, and blueberries, promoting coat and skin health. The recipe has been specially formulated for senior dogs using only high-quality, natural ingredients to provide complete and balanced nutrition. The ingredients are sourced from trusted farmers and rigorously tested for quality and food safety. There are no artificial preservatives, flavors, or colors in this food, and it is also chicken by-product meal, corn, wheat, and soy protein free.
- Contains 15 superfoods
- Specially formulated for senior dogs
- No artificial preservatives, flavors, or colors
- Chicken by-product meal free, corn free, wheat free, and soy free
- Not a grain-free formula
- It May is not suitable for all senior dogs
I and Love and You Nude Food is grain-free, high protein, and features real whitefish as the first ingredient. Plus, it’s formulated to include the optimal combination of complete, wholefood nutrition and freshness. HAPPY TUMMEEZ™ PLUS, prebiotics, digestive enzymes, and probiotics help ease tummy troubles, while superfood ingredients like flaxseeds, coconut oil, and turmeric supply essential nutrients. This wholesome food is uniquely crafted for dogs of all ages, from puppies to seniors, and at every stage. So show your furry friend some love with I and Love and You Nude Food.
- High protein
- Real whitefish as the first ingredient
- Supplies essential nutrients
- Uniquely crafted for dogs of all ages
- Some dogs may not enjoy the flavor of whitefish
This ultra-high protein formula is made with 63% real, organic chicken and is designed to mirror the diet your pet was biologically meant to eat. Additionally, it features chia seeds and apple pectin for added benefits, plus beneficial probiotics, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. The rich omega-fatty acids help support healthy skin and a lustrous coat. And best of all, it’s made in the USA with domestically sourced, USDA, and FDA-approved ingredients. Serve as a complete meal or topper, a therapeutic aid for recovery, weight loss, or any condition requiring a high-protein diet. Order today and give your furry friend the nutrition they deserve!
- Ultra-high protein
- Made with 63% natural, organic chicken
- Features chia seeds and apple pectin
- Beneficial probiotics, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals
- Rich omega fatty acids
- Some dogs may not enjoy the flavor of chicken
- It May be too high in protein for some dogs
What Causes a Yeast Infection?
There are a few different things that can cause a yeast infection. The most common is an imbalance in the skin’s natural flora; This can be caused by allergies, other skin conditions, or even immunosuppression. Dogs on long-term antibiotics or corticosteroids are at a higher risk of developing a yeast infection.
Symptoms of a yeast infection in dogs
A few different symptoms may indicate your dog has a yeast infection. They include:
– Itching and irritation. Dogs with yeast infections will often scratch and bite at their skin, which can lead to further irritation and even open sores.
– Excessive licking and chewing. If your dog is constantly licking or chewing at an area of their body, it could be a sign of a yeast infection.
– Hot spots. These are red, moist, and inflamed areas of the skin. They are often painful for dogs and can lead to hair loss.
– Ear infections. Yeast infections often occur in a dog’s ears, causing them to shake their head frequently and resulting in a yeasty odor.
– Hair loss. While not all dogs with yeast infections will experience hair loss, it is a common symptom, particularly in long-haired breeds.
– Skin infections. Yeast can also cause skin infections, which may appear as red, scaly patches.
– Odor. Dogs with yeast infections often have a characteristic yeasty odor.
– Drooling. Dogs with yeast infections may Drool more than usual due to the irritation in their mouth.
If you notice any of these symptoms in your dog, you must take them to the vet for an evaluation. While some of these symptoms could indicate other problems, only a professional can diagnose a yeast infection properly.
How to Treat a Yeast Infection
If your dog has been diagnosed with a yeast infection, you can do a few different things to help clear it up. The first is to switch them to an anti-yeast diet. This type of food will help to create an environment that is hostile to yeast, making it more challenging for the fungus to grow.
You will also need to clean any affected areas of your dog’s skin; you can do this with mild antiseptic soap and water. Be sure to rinse all of the soap off, as residual soap can irritate the skin. You may also need to apply a medicated shampoo or cream to the affected areas. These products will help to soothe the skin and clear up the infection.
Sometimes, your vet may also prescribe oral antifungal medication, typically only necessary in severe or recurrent infections.
Most yeast infections will clear up with proper treatment within a few weeks. However, continuing prescribed medications is essential even after the infection has cleared; This will help prevent a recurrence of the disease.
What is an Anti-Yeast Diet?
An anti-yeast diet is a dog food specifically formulated to help control yeast growth. The ingredients in these foods work together to create an environment that is inhospitable to yeast, making it more difficult for the fungus to grow out of control. While there is no cure for yeast infections, an anti-yeast diet can help to keep the fungus in check and prevent recurrent infections.
7 Benefits Of Anti-Yeast Diet For Dogs
1. Reduce The Frequency Of Yeast Infections
If your dog is prone to yeast infections, an anti-yeast diet can help to reduce the frequency with which they occur; This is because such a diet helps to create an environment in the body that is less conducive to the growth of yeast.
2. Soothe Skin Irritation And Inflammation
The yeast infection symptoms can irritate your dog, causing them a great deal of discomfort. An anti-yeast diet can help to soothe this irritation and inflammation, bringing your dog relief from their pain.
3. boost The Immune System
A robust immune system is one of the best ways to fight infections, including yeast infections. An anti-yeast diet can help to boost your dog’s immune system, making them less likely to develop a disease in the first place.
4. improve Digestion
Yeast infections can often be the result of an underlying digestive issue. An anti-yeast diet can help to improve your dog’s digestion, making them less likely to develop an infection.
5. increase Energy Levels
Yeast infections can cause your dog to feel tired and lethargic. An anti-yeast diet can help to increase your dog’s energy levels, making them feel more like their old self.
6. promote Healthy Skin And Coat
Yeast infections can often lead to skin and coat problems in dogs. An anti-yeast diet can help to promote healthy skin and coat, making your dog look and feel their best.
7. improve Overall health
When your dog is healthy, they are less likely to develop infections of any kind, including yeast infections. An anti-yeast diet can help to improve your dog’s overall health, making them less susceptible to disease.
Best Dry Dog Foods for Yeast Infections – FQAs
Q: What is the best food for a dog with a yeast infection?
A: The best food for a dog with a yeast infection is anti-yeast dog food. This type of food is designed to create an environment in the body that is less conducive to yeast growth.
Q: What ingredients should I look for in anti-yeast dog food?
A: Some of the ingredients you should look for in anti-yeast dog food include: probiotics, omega-3 fatty acids, a limited ingredient diet, grain-free, gluten-free, and hypoallergenic.
Q: Can I make my anti-yeast dog food?
A: While you can make your anti-yeast dog food, you must talk to your veterinarian first because several factors need to be considered when creating an anti-yeast diet for your dog.
Q: How long does a dog with a yeast infection need to be on an anti-yeast diet?
A: The length of time a dog with a yeast infection needs to be on an anti-yeast diet will vary depending on the severity of the infection. In most cases, a dog must be on a diet for at least eight weeks. However, some dogs may require a more extended period on a diet.
Q: Will an anti-yeast diet cure my dog’s yeast infection?
A: While an anti-yeast diet can help to reduce the symptoms of a yeast infection, it is not a cure. A dog with a yeast infection must be on a diet for the rest of their life.
Finding the best food is essential if your dog is suffering from a yeast infection. These seven dry dog foods are some of the best on the market for treating yeast infections and will help get your pup back to their old self in no time! Do you have a favorite food that we didn’t mention? Let us know in the comments below. And don’t forget to share this post with your fellow pet parents – they may appreciate it!
- Best Dog Food for German Shepherd Puppies (Review)
- Feeding Your Lab Puppy: What, How Much, How Often? Lab Puppy Feeding Chart
- 10 Best Dog Foods for Labrador Retrievers
- Best Dog Food for Firm Stools (Review)
- Crave Dog Food Reviews
- The Best Dog Food for Yorkies (Review)
- The 7 Best High Fiber Dog Food-Anal Gland Problems
- 5 Best Dog Food for Less Poop