We may receive a commission from some of the products or service recommended on our site, at no cost to you.This form of advertising helps us continue to provide you with free advice.
Taking care of a puppy can be a lot of work, especially when it comes to keeping them clean. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the seven best puppy shampoos on the market today. From gentle, all-natural shampoos to those tough on dirt and grime, we’ve got you covered. So read on for reviews and comparisons of the best puppy shampoos out there!
Table of Contents
- Best Puppy Shampoos – Our Top Pick
- Why You Should Use Puppy Shampoo
- What Are The Best Puppy Shampoos?
- How to Choose the Right Puppy Shampoo
- 7 Best Puppy Shampoos – Reviews
- 1- Dermabliss Dog Anti-Itch & Allergy Relief, Medicated Shampoos
- 2- Earthbath Ultra-Mild Wild Cherry Puppy Shampoo
- 3- TropiClean Hypo-Allergenic Gentle Coconut Puppy & Kitten Shampoo
- 4- 4Legger Organic, Hypo-Allergenic, Lemongrass & Aloe Dog Shampoo
- 5- Burt’s Bees Puppy 2-in-1 Shampoo
- 6- Veterinary Formula Solutions Puppy Love Shampoo
- 7- Dog Whisperer Hypoallergenic Coconut Bliss Puppy Shampoo
- How Do You Bathe Your Puppy?
- Best Puppy Shampoos – FAQ
Best Puppy Shampoos – Our Top Pick
Why You Should Use Puppy Shampoo
Puppies have sensitive skin, so you should always opt for a shampoo specifically designed for them. Adult dog shampoos can be too harsh on their delicate skin and coat and irritate. Puppy shampoos are usually gentler and milder, making them safer and more comfortable.
Free Puppy Schedule: The Ultimate Guide to Training Your New Puppy
Tell us where to send your Free Guide — along with regular dog and puppy training tips...
What Are The Best Puppy Shampoos?
- Dermabliss Dog Anti-Itch & Allergy Relief, Medicated Shampoos
- Earthbath Ultra-Mild Wild Cherry Puppy Shampoo
- TropiClean Hypo-Allergenic Gentle Coconut Puppy & Kitten Shampoo
- 4Legger Organic, Hypo-Allergenic, Lemongrass & Aloe Dog Shampoo
- Burt’s Bees Puppy 2-in-1 Shampoo
- Veterinary Formula Solutions Puppy Love Shampoo
- Dog Whisperer Hypoallergenic Coconut Bliss Puppy Shampoo
How to Choose the Right Puppy Shampoo
When choosing a puppy shampoo, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
Correct pH level: The ideal pH level for puppies is between 6 and 7.5 because their skin is slightly more acidic than adult dogs, which helps protect them from bacteria and other harmful microbes.
No artificial ingredients: Artificial ingredients can be harsh on puppies’ skin and coats, so it’s best to avoid them if possible. Look for shampoos that are made with natural ingredients instead.
Natural fragrances: Puppies have a keen sense of smell, which means they’re more likely to be bothered by solid perfumes. Choose a shampoo with a light, natural scent that won’t be overwhelming for your pup.
Presence of skin protectives: Skin protectives like vitamin E and aloe vera can help to soothe and protect puppies’ skin from irritation.
Specificity to your pup’s overall health: If your dog has any specific health conditions, look for a shampoo to address those needs. For example, shampoos are available for puppies with allergies or sensitive skin.
7 Best Puppy Shampoos – Reviews
Dermabliss Dog & Cat Shampoo is a gentle yet effective shampoo designed to help relieve your pet’s skin condition. This benzoyl peroxide dog shampoo contains Vitamin E to nourish the skin. It is free from artificial fragrance, dyes, parabens, and sulfates so as not to cause further irritation while alleviating your pet’s skin condition. Dermabliss helps control microbial growth and non-essential oils on your pet’s skin with benzoyl peroxide’s preventive and microbe-fighting properties.
Earthbath Ultra-Mild Wild Cherry Puppy Shampoo is a luxurious shampoo made just for your frisky young pup. This ultra-mild puppy shampoo contains the most delicate blend of gentle cleansers, organic Aloe Vera, and a dash of baby-fresh cherry fragrance to get your puppy clean and smelling fresh. It rinses thoroughly and leaves your dog’s coat feeling soft, shiny, and healthy. Earthbath Ultra-Mild Wild Cherry Puppy Shampoo is a safe choice for all animals over six weeks old. This product does not contain soap, gluten, DEA, parabens, synthetic dyes, or phthalates.
TropiClean Gentle Coconut Hypoallergenic Puppy Shampoo is perfect for puppies, kittens, and pets with allergies or sensitive skin. It gently cleanses and moisturizes their skin and coat in a soothing lather. The long-lasting light tropical scent of coconut leaves your pet smelling fresh and ready for cuddles! Made with naturally derived ingredients, TropiClean Gentle Coconut Hypoallergenic Puppy Shampoo is pH balanced, soap-free, paraben-free, and dye free. Safe when used as directed on puppies 12 weeks or older, kittens
The 4Legger organic dog shampoo is a 100% natural, USDA-certified dog shampoo that uses real plants instead of synthetic chemicals. The concentrated coconut shampoo has soothing aloe vera and lemongrass essential oils to clean your pup without detergents or other harmful ingredients commonly found in other dog shampoos. This organic dog shampoo makes for tremendous itchy skin relief and sensitive skin treatment too!
4Legger’s Coconut Lemongrass & Aloe Dog Shampoo is the ultimate natural, hypo-allergenic, non-toxic, and biodegradable dog shampoo concentrate.
Burt’s Bees Puppy Shampoo & Conditioner is the perfect way to keep your puppy looking and feeling great. This 2-in-1 formula cleans, soothes, softens, and conditions your puppy’s skin and coats it with natural ingredients like buttermilk and linseed oil. It rinses easily without leaving residue behind for a clean, healthy coat that shines naturally. Available in 4 oz bottles.
This extra gentle, tearless shampoo for puppies is sulfate and DEA-free. It cleanses without drying out delicate skin and leaves the coat soft and fluffy. The puppy shampoo has a light, fresh scent that is reminiscent of baby powder and remains after bath time is over. The shampoo is formulated specifically for puppies over six weeks old and is pH balanced.
Dog Whisperer, Hypoallergenic Coconut Bliss Puppy Shampoo is a gentle and vitamin-fortified shampoo made with premium, safe ingredients that promote a healthy, shiny coat: coconut-based cleansers and conditioners, vitamins E and pro-V B5. This formula is none of the bad stuff: no SLS sulfates, phosphates, parabens, PEG 80, Cocamidopropyl betaine, or synthetic fragrances or dyes. Earthy-Friendly: biodegradable, phosphate-free formula recyclable, eco-friendly packaging is made from recycled materials and uses 70% less plastic. It is made in the USA.
How Do You Bathe Your Puppy?
Bathing a puppy can be challenging, but it’s essential to do it carefully and gently so as not to cause discomfort. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Always use warm water, never hot. Hot water can be too harsh on their delicate skin.
- Be careful not to get water in their ears, nose, or eyes; This can cause irritation and discomfort.
- Lift your pup into the tub or sink so they don’t have to jump; This can help to avoid any injuries.
- Start by wetting their coat all over, then apply the shampoo. Work it in well, and make sure to avoid their face.
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water until all of the shampoos are gone.
- Dry your pup off with a towel, then brush their coat to help remove any tangles.
Best Puppy Shampoos – FAQ
Q: How Often Should I Bathe My Pup?
A: Puppies should be bathed once or twice a week, depending on how dirty they get. If your pup is particularly active or has a lot of dirt and grime build-up, you may need to bathe them more often.
Q: Can I use human shampoo on my dog?
A: No, you should not use human shampoo on your dog. Human shampoo is designed for a different pH level and can be too harsh on your pup’s skin. Always use a shampoo that is specifically designed for dogs.
Q: What is the best way to bathe a puppy?
A: The best way to bathe a puppy is to use a mild, dog-specific shampoo. Wet their coat with warm water, apply the shampoo and work it well. Avoid their face, and rinse thoroughly with warm water. Dry them off with a towel and brush their coat to help remove any tangles.
Q: Can you bathe my puppy without shampoo?
A: You can bathe your puppy without shampoo, but it’s not recommended. The shampoo helps to clean their coat and remove any dirt or grime build-up. Without shampoo, your pup may not get as clean as they need to be.
Puppy shampoo is a must-have for any dog owner. It’s essential to choose a shampoo specifically designed for puppies to avoid irritation or discomfort. Be sure to select a shampoo with the correct pH level, no artificial ingredients, and light natural fragrances. It would help if you also looked for one that contains skin protectives like vitamin E and aloe vera. Ensure to bathe your puppy carefully and gently to avoid any injuries.
Finally, check out our reviews and comparisons of the top seven puppy shampoos before making your purchase. And don’t forget to leave us a comment if you have any questions! We love hearing from our readers.
- Top 7 Best Shampoos for Poodles (reviews & guide)
- Best Deshedding Brush: Furminator vs. SleekEZ (Comparison Guide)
- The 7 Best Dog Nail Grinders (Guide & Review)
- Best Brush For German Shepherd (Review)
- 5 Best Silent Dog Whistles (Reviews & Top Pick)
- Best Dog Umbrella: Leash (Review)
- Dog Care: The Complete Guide for a Healthy Dog
- The 5 Best Slow Feeder Dog Bowl (Reviews)
- The Best Dog Proof Trash Cans (Buying Guide & Reviews)
- Top 5 Best Doormat for Dogs (Review)
- 5 Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Shedding Brush: Sleekez vs Furminator | Deshedding Tools
- 7 Best Dog Crate for Labrador Retriever
- 10 Best Toys for Labrador Retrievers (Buying Guide & Reviews)
- The 7 Best Dog Shampoos for Dry Skin (Reviews & Guide)