We may receive a commission from some of the products or service recommended on our site, at no cost to you.This form of advertising helps us continue to provide you with free advice.
Owning a dog is a big responsibility, but it’s one that most people are happy to take on. When it comes time to get a Golden Retriever, one of the first decisions you’ll have to make is what type of dog house to get for your furry friend. Many different types of houses are available today, so deciding which one is best for your Golden is challenging. We’ve compiled this list of the seven best dog houses for Golden Retrievers. We hope it will help you make the right decision for your pet!
Table of Contents
- Best Dog House for Golden Retrievers – Our Top Pick
- What are the best dog houses for Golden Retrievers?
- What to consider when choosing a dog house for Golden Retriever
- 7 Best Dog Houses for Golden Retrievers – Reviews
- 1- MidWest Eillo Folding Outdoor Wood Dog House, Beige
- 2- TRIXIE Natura Classic Dog House with Weatherproof Finish, Elevated Floor
- 3- New Age Pet ecoFLEX Rustic Lodge Style Dog House
- 4- PUGEBO Luxury Dog House with Steel Door
- 5- Petmate Indigo Dog House
- 6- Rockever 44″ Large Wooden Dog House
- 7- Suncast Outdoor Dog House with Door
- How to make your Golden’s new house comfortable and inviting
- Tips on keeping your Golden’s house clean and in good condition
- Best Dog Houses for Golden Retrievers – FAQs
Best Dog House for Golden Retrievers – Our Top Pick
What are the best dog houses for Golden Retrievers?
- MidWest Eillo Folding Outdoor Wood Dog House, Beige
- TRIXIE Natura Classic Dog House with Weatherproof Finish, Elevated Floor
- New Age Pet ecoFLEX Rustic Lodge Style Dog House
- PUGEBO Luxury Dog House with Steel Door
- Petmate Indigo Dog House
- Rockever 44″ Large Wooden Dog House
- Suncast Outdoor Dog House with Door
What to consider when choosing a dog house for Golden Retriever
When choosing a dog house for your Golden Retriever, there are a few things you’ll need to take into account:
- Style: The style of dog house you choose should match the style of your home. You’ll want a modern-style dog house if you have a modern home. If you have a more traditional home, go for a more traditional-style dog house.
- Size: The size of the dog house is essential because you want to make sure it’s big enough for your Golden to be comfortable in but not so big that it takes up too much space in your home.
- Material: The material the dog house is made out of is also essential. You’ll want to ensure it’s made of a sturdy material that can withstand the elements and wear and tear.
- WEATHERPROOF AND INSULATED: You’ll also want to ensure the dog house is weatherproof and insulated; This is important because you don’t want your Golden to get too cold or too hot in his new home.
- Ease of assembly: Another thing to consider is how easy the dog house is to assemble. You want to save time putting it together, so make sure it’s something you can do relatively quickly.
- Door: The door on the dog house is also essential. You’ll want to ensure it’s big enough for your Golden to get in and out of easily but not so big that it’s a security risk.
- VENTILATED: The dog house should also be well-ventilated; This is important because you don’t want your dog to get too hot in his new home.
- PORTABILITY: If you plan to move the dog house around, you’ll want to ensure it’s portable. You want to avoid having to disassemble and reassemble it every time you move it.
- Price: Last but not least, you’ll want to consider the cost of the dog house. You don’t want to break the bank, but you also want to avoid getting something that will fall apart after a few months.
7 Best Dog Houses for Golden Retrievers – Reviews
Now that you know what to look for in a dog house, it’s time to look at our top picks.
This dog house has high-quality components, including water-resistant stained wood, stainless-steel hardware, and an asphalt-shingled roof. The raised floor allows for good air circulation, while the waterproof design protects your pet from the elements. Plus, the adjustable legs let you level the doghouse on uneven surfaces.
Available in three different sizes to accommodate different-sized dogs, the MidWest Eillo Folding Outdoor Wood Dog House is the perfect solution for all your pet housing needs!
This dog house is designed to withstand the elements and provide your furry friend with a comfortable place to call home. The elevated floor keeps your pet dry and draft-free, while the off-center door offers additional protection from the wind and rain. The roof is covered in durable composite shingles and can be propped open for ventilation. The removable floor makes cleaning a breeze, and the adjustable feet level the shelter on uneven ground. This dog house is available in small/medium (up to 45 pounds), large (up to 70 pounds), and extra large (up to 95 pounds). Give your pet the perfect place to rest their head with the TRIXIE Natura Classic Dog House!
New Age Pet ecoFLEX Rustic Lodge Style Dog House Made from ecoFLEX, a weatherproof, non-toxic wood and plastic composite, this dog house is easy to assemble with no tools needed and easy to paint. The flow-through ventilation gives fresh air a way to circulate inside, and it’s also designed to be easy to clean with a damp cloth. Available in 2 popular sizes.
This stylish and modern dog kennel is perfect for any home and comes with all the features your furry friend needs to stay safe and comfortable.
Raised off the ground and with a slanted roof, this weather-resistant dog house is made to withstand all kinds of weather conditions. And for added peace of mind, there’s also a locking door to keep your pup securely inside.
Assembly is quick and easy, too – no tools required! All parts snap and lock together, so you’ll have your dog’s new hotel ready in no time. Plus, PUGEBO Luxury Dog House comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can be sure you’re making the best decision for your pet.
Petmate Indigo Dog House is the perfect solution for keeping your large dog safe and comfortable in all weather conditions. This heavy-duty dog house is made with insulation to keep your pet warm in winter and cool in summer and features an offset doorway to protect them from rain. The roof has vents to circulate fresh air, and the raised floors and side moats of the house help drain water and keep your pet dry. The Petmate Indigo Dog House is made with high-quality materials and is naturally shed-resistant, making it the ideal choice for your large dog. Order yours today!
Rockever 44″ Large Wooden Dog House is perfect for large pets up to 80lbs and features an easy-to-clean design with a removable bottom floor. It’s also easy to assemble, with all necessary parts included, and the stable structure will never split or fall apart. The slanted roof and vinyl flap door protect against bad weather, while the plastic window is removable for better ventilation in summer. Give your pet the perfect home with the Rockever 44″ Large Wooden Dog House!
This durable dog house is constructed from heavy-duty resin and features a crowned floor to protect your pet from all weather elements. The convenient snap-together design makes assembly a breeze, so your pet can enjoy their new home immediately. The contemporary house design is sure to complement any outdoor décor, and it resists fading and washes easily for years of quality use. A vinyl door (measures 11.75″ x 20.5″) is included to provide additional security and insulation for your pet without obstructing entry or exit. Give your beloved pet the gift of comfort and safety with the Suncast Outdoor Dog House with Door!
How to make your Golden’s new house comfortable and inviting
Now that you know what to look for in a dog house, it’s time to make your Golden’s new home comfortable and inviting. Here are a few tips:
- Add some soft bedding: One way to make your Golden’s new house more comfortable is to add some soft bedding; This can be anything from blankets to pillows to dog beds.
- Add some toys: Another way to make your Golden’s new house more inviting is to add some toys; This will give him something to do when he’s in his new home and help keep him entertained.
- Make sure the house is the right size: As we mentioned, you’ll want to ensure the house is the right size for your Golden. If it’s too big, he might feel lost in it. If it’s too small, he might feel cramped.
- Decorate the house: If you want, you can also decorate the dog house; This is a great way to make it feel like home for your Golden. You can add pictures, paintings, or anything else you think would make the house feel more like home.
Tips on keeping your Golden’s house clean and in good condition
Once your Golden’s new house is set up, you’ll need to keep it clean and in good condition. Here are a few tips:
– Brush your Golden regularly: One way to keep your Golden’s house clean is to brush him regularly; This will help remove any dirt or hair that he might track into his new home.
– Spot clean as needed: You’ll also want to spot clean the house. If you see any dirt or stains, make sure to clean them up right away.
– Vacuum regularly: This will help remove any dirt, dust, or hair on the floor.
– Replace bedding as needed: You’ll also want to replace the bedding in your Golden’s house. If it gets worn out or dirty, get new bedding for him.
– Keep the house tidy: Finally, you’ll want to make sure you keep the house tidy; This means picking up any toys or objects that your Golden might knock over and making sure there’s no food or water left out.
Best Dog Houses for Golden Retrievers – FAQs
Q: What is the best material for a dog house?
A: The best material for a dog house depends on your climate and weather conditions. If you live in an area with extreme temperatures, you’ll want to choose a material that can withstand the elements. For example, choose a material like plastic or metal if you live in a cold climate. If you live in a hot climate, choose wood or ceramic.
Q: How big should my Golden’s new house be?
A: The size of your Golden’s new house will depend on the size of your dog. You’ll want to ensure the house is big enough for him to move around in but not so big that it’s a security risk.
Q: What if my Golden doesn’t like his new house?
A: If your Golden doesn’t seem to like his new house, there are a few things you can try. First, make sure the house is the right size for him. Second, try adding some toys or bedding to make it more inviting. Finally, you can try decorating the house to make it feel more like home. If none of these things work, consider returning the house and getting a different one.
Q: How often should I clean my Golden’s new house?
A: You should clean your Golden’s new house as often as needed; This means spot-cleaning any dirt or stains and vacuuming the floor regularly. You’ll also want to replace the bedding as needed.
Q: How Do I Choose the Right Size Dog House?
A: The dog house size will depend on your Golden Retriever‘s size. You’ll want to ensure the house is big enough for him to move around in but not so big that it’s a security risk. You can use this chart to help you choose the right size dog house for your Golden Retriever:
Size of Dog House
Small (up to 25 pounds)
Medium (26-50 pounds)
Large (51-100 pounds)
Extra Large (over 100 pounds)
Choosing the right dog house for your Golden Retriever is essential. You’ll want to ensure the house is the right size, made from a suitable material, and has all the features your Golden needs. We hope this guide has helped you narrow the options and find the perfect house for your furry friend!
Let us know in the comments which house you chose and how your Golden Retriever likes it!
- How to Stop Golden Retriever from Barking
- How to Stop Golden Retriever from Jumping
- How to Potty Train a Golden Retriever Puppy
- 7 Best Dog Crates for Golden Retrievers
- How to Train a Golden Retriever Puppy Not to Bite
- How Much To Feed A Golden Retriever Puppy – Golden Retriever Puppy Feeding Chart
- Golden Retriever Dog Breed Information
- 10 Best Toys for Golden Retrieves
- The 7 Best Dog Nail Grinders (Guide & Review)
- 5 Best Silent Dog Whistles (Reviews & Top Pick)
- 7 Best Leashes for Dogs That Pull (Reviews & Guide)
- 7 Best Dog Umbrellas (Reviews & Guide)
- The 7 Best Slow Feeder Dog Bowls (Reviews & Guide)
- Top 7 Best Dog-Proof Trash Cans (Buying Guide & Reviews)
- Top 7 Best Doormats for Dogs
- 7 Best Automatic Dog Waterers (Guide & Reviews)
- Top 7 Best Dog Leashes for Running
- Best Dog Shedding Brush: Sleekez vs. Furminator | Deshedding Tools
- The 7 Best Dog Shampoos for Dry Skin (Reviews & Guide)